XOB XOB

This game is pretty well done stylistically! I feel like if there was more of an introduction to some of the concepts (as opposed to just slapping them in and hoping the player will notice it amidst the distractions), it would make the level design feel more solid.

The Splitting: Chapter 2 The Splitting: Chapter 2

What I really love about this game is that it has the gameplay of your standard point and click adventure, with the whole collecting, combining, and interacting with objects, but at the same time the series is following the puzzle game formula that all the best puzzle games follow. Chapter 1 introduced a new concept and slowly experimented with what it can do until the player has a solid grasp on how the system works. Here, Chapter 2 has taken those ideas and twisted them completely with the covering/uncovering mirrors and item duplication, and through the game teaches you how to apply those concepts until mastery in very subtle, well-designed ways. Now, it's not just the continuation of the story that makes me want to look out for the next chapter - I'm also excited to see what other concepts and twists you guys will put into the concept! Stunning work, fully deserving my every star!

That Pokeyman Thing Your Grandkids Are Into That Pokeyman Thing Your Grandkids Are Into

This is the pinnacle of satire right here. 10/10, man.

Happy Birthday BlueOceans! Happy Birthday BlueOceans!

I wanted you to end on a Neopolitan so badly but you didn't ; ^ ; solid rendition nonetheless :D

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Wouldn't a Neapolitan chord here essentially just have been a Db major? Since the melody ends on a normal c, it would really just sound like a Db major 7, which would be a bit of a weird ending. Perhaps I misunderstood what you were going for :)
(Kinda sounds like it would lead to an F major)

-Connecting Dots- -Connecting Dots-

Hey man :D thought as long as I'm on the credits bar over there I should come say hi

Where should I start? How about with the drum design - it's pretty solid. It's been a long time since I've made drums with a kick on every beat; perhaps I should consider coming back to that. Your drums provide a lot of satisfying punch while being mellow enough to let the melodic crud shine through.

I can tell this part at the beginning you were trying to create a bit of an atmosphere, right? What you have is solid as a foundation, but it does lack the sprinkles that would make for a really cool atmosphere. I don't know what other people do, but I would have placed more reverb on the little background drum things to give the sound a sense of space. Maybe also add some twinkling sounds? Idk

I wasn't too big of a fan of the vocal chops, but that's probably just my own personal taste and I wouldn't recommend you remove them. The melody at 2:19 is really cool! 2:34 has a xylophone like way in the background and if only it was louder ; ^ ;

Overall, this is a pretty solid track! Your drums are solid and melodies intriguing. You could take this to the next level by improving your sound design, especially in atmospheric sections.

DJ Neat - Dreams DJ Neat - Dreams

Hey. R4R.

I'm going to fucus on mostly the criticism since your description seems to suggest that that's what you're mostly looking for

- The piece needs more dynamic variation. Nearly every section is loud, without any soft parts.
- At 0:37 you've given your drums so much reverb that it's making the whole thing muddy. You shouldn't really be giving kicks reverb that often anyway.
- It's good that you made your drop has some impact, but it could be improved with some more high end stuff, like maybe an arp.
- Near the end of your track you repeat a single drop twice and the track becomes incredibly repetitive. You should introduce more melodic variation in your track.
- Your transitions are literally just sweeps going up and that's it. There are more interesting and more effective ways to move between sections of track, including fills, pick ups, etc. Try utilizing a larger variety of transitioning techniques.

GGMiXsiMusic responds:

Thank you very much!

[FAN ART] Oshawott - 1F1N1TY (Artwork by Kaito) [FAN ART] Oshawott - 1F1N1TY (Artwork by Kaito)

Eyyyyyyy that pretty guud